Head down south (or up depending on where you are!) and you’ll come across Mercedes-Benz of Truro. Our Cornwall dealership, situated on the outskirts of the city centre near Tresillian, is the youngest of our premises, opening its doors just over a decade ago and hosts a bevy of friendly faces that we’re sure many of you have gotten to know over the years!
If you’ve visited the sales team over the past few years (in the showroom or maybe even at previous Royal Cornwall Show) you might recognise this gentleman… Formerly a Sales Executive before he made the jump to Transaction Manager, it’s now his job to help ensure that the Truro Sales Department stays motivated, achieves targets and delivers excellent customer service on a daily basis!
It’s time for our next meet the team, and this month we’d like to introduce you all to Graham!
1.Where are you from? Coventry in the Midlands
2. How long have you been working at Mercedes-Benz South West? I moved to Cornwall 5 years ago, and have been with the company for 3 and a half years.
3. Favourite Mercedes-Benz model? My first car, a W124 E-Class Saloon – Gold with tobacco beige interior and walnut gear selector.
4. Most memorable day at work you’ve ever had? I’d need some time to think on this one, but I will always remember my job interview.
5. Favourite part of the job? Shaking hands on a deal!
6. Have you always been in the motor trade? I’ve been in the trade for over a decade. My first job was cleaning used car parts at a scrap yard.
7. How many attempts did it take you to pass your driving test? First time, no messing.
8. What radio station are you listening to when you drive? BBC 5 Live or 1Xtra
9. Favourite place to visit in the South West? The Badger Inn, St. Ives.
10. Favourite TV Show to binge watch? Anything Boxing based and I get bullied into watching Coronation Street.
11. Favourite Film? Forrest Gump
12. Favourite Book? I’ve just put one down called Yardie – film is coming out this year. I prefer the newspaper though.
13. Any Pets? Not at the moment
14. Favourite Band/Artist? Of all time? Curtis Mayfield.
15. First concert you ever went to? Couldn’t tell you. I’ve seen some great bands though including Oasis, Deep Purple, UB40, Specials, Libertines…
16. Tipple of choice? Champers! But I can’t pretend that I won’t drink absolutely anything alcoholic.
17. What would be your Karaoke song? Young MC – Know How (you do know it).
18. Worst fashion choice you ever made? Many haircuts.
19. Best holiday you’ve ever been on? Punjab region of India, life changing experience.
20. If the world ends tomorrow, what would you choose as your last meal? I ask this question to everyone in the office but it’s so tough! I’d have a starter of curry sauce, egg fried rice and chips. Steak for main (with more chips) and a cheese board for desert.
21. What are you most looking forward to this year? Or next? My wife and I are expecting our second child at the end of September, although I’m hoping for October 1st so we can see in the new Registration month first!
22. Jam then cream, or cream then jam? I do jam then Cream but I’m not fussy.