There are hundreds of people involved in the day-to-day running of Mercedes-Benz South West so we’d like you to meet the team. Throughout our Retailers and Service Centres across Cornwall, Devon and Somerset, we have over 400 Members of Staff – each person being a vital cog in our automotive clock.
Four hundred can seem like a big number, so we are keen for you to get to know the team a little bit better. As sales is such a big part of what we do, we thought we would first introduce you to one of the sales team, starting with Mercedes-Benz of Taunton.
Mark Lane has been a Sales Executive with the brand for 3 years. He is a proud father of one, avid angler and… as a Somerset local; has incredibly attended every Glastonbury Festival since 1987!
Getting to know Mark…
- What do you do?
- I’m a Sales Executive at Mercedes-Benz of Taunton. I’ve been in Taunton for a year, and have been with the brand for 3.
- Have you always been in the Motor Trade?
- Working with Mercedes-Benz is my first position within the Motor Trade. I come from a Retail Management background; mostly in fashion. I have previously managed businesses for the likes of Moss Bros, Henri Lloyd and Reebok.
- What is your favourite part of your job?
- Getting people into their dream cars – handovers, where the customers are super excited, are always the best! In addition to working with one of the best brands in the world.
- What is your favourite Mercedes-Benz model?
- Mercedes- AMG GT R.
- How many attempts did it take you to pass your driving test?
- Just the one, six days after my 17th birthday (I was keen to get on the road!)
- Favourite place to visit in the South West?
- Salcombe and my favourite beach, South Milton Sands. I used to be a windsurfing instructor and worked on that beach back in my Teens.
- What radio station do you like to listen to in the car?
- Radio 1.
- Favourite TV Show to binge watch?
- Blue Planet 2.
- Favourite Film?
- The Beach.
- Favourite Band?
- Best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- The last time I went to Kenya, in 2016.
- If the world ends tomorrow, what would you choose as your last meal?
- My Mum’s roast!
- What are you most looking forward to in 2018?
- Travelling to Kenya with my daughter Chloe in February. I’m also looking forward to another great year at work. I genuinely love my job!
- Finally… Jam then cream, or cream then jam?
- Cream then Jam of course!
Are you looking for a new or approved used Mercedes-Benz? Contact Mark or a member of our team today to discuss our range.