Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant within our Mercedes Benz Dealership in Exeter, currently office based with a possibility of flexible working in the future. The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday shift dependent on the business needs.
This role would ideally suit someone who is currently working or has worked in a finance department.
Role and Responsibilities may include
- Daily Bank reconciliation
- Daily banking
- Daily reconciliation of card payment receipts
- Sales ledger, credit control, following up debtor queries with departmental managers and customers.
- Printing/emailing month end statements for sales ledger accounts
- Weekly debt age analysis
- Small claims procedures regarding bad debts
- Purchase ledger input
- Purchase ledger statement reconciliations
- Weekly/20th/Monthly purchase ledger payment runs
- Casual driver expense claims
- Petty cash reconciliations
- Other adhoc duties
- Covering for any of the above due to holidays
£18,000 – £24,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
What we offer
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Car Benefit Scheme (attractive staff car leasing scheme)
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career Progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long service awards
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
- Confidence to handle queries face to face, over the telephone and via email.
- Capable of prioritising workload and working without supervision after initial training.
- Motor trade, automotive or car dealership experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided our accounting system is Autoline Revision 8.
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions