Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Forecourt Controller at our site in Exeter. The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00 with a 1 hour lunch break, a total of 45 hours per week.
Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing vehicle logistics at the Exeter site, controlling customer parking and compound vehicle storage and ensuring the site is tidy.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
Forecourt Controller responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Manages the receipt of all vehicles in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes
- Inspect all vehicles, checks for damage and missing items, informing the sales manager of any issues
- Vehicles tagged, labelled and details entered on to Kerridge including preparation lines
- Manages vehicles process, ensures all required items are available, organises valet ensuring vehicle is ready for delivery.
- Ensures dealer and inter group transfer vehicles are ready for collection to include keys and book pack
- Liaises with the valet team, technicians, external bodyshop and tyre companies to ensure vehicles are ready for display in a timely manner
- Ensures computer records are updated on all vehicles arriving / being swapped within the MA
- Processes all requests for vehicles to be transferred, ensuring completion of all necessary documentation
- Ensures all vehicles are removed from stock list and any necessary payments received Monitors progress of sold vehicles
- Organises used vehicles display in line with company standards
- Issues all external suppliers with authorised order numbers
- Ensures security at the compound is maintained and regularly checked
- Provides assistance to the sales and service teams as required
- Communicates clearly, regularly and promptly with colleagues across all business areas
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Ensures all capital outlay is authorised by their line manager or a director
What’s required from you?
- Prepared to work outside
- Full driving licence with a minimum of 3 years’ driving experience
- Competent level of computer skills
- Good telephone and interpersonal skills
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions