Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Accountant within our Mercedes Benz Dealership in Exeter, the role would be office based, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Role and Responsibilities may include
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence for self and team.
- Operates the accounting and management information systems in line with the company and the Brand standards
- Working with the Financial Controller to:
- Advise the Financial Director with relevant, timely and accurate financial performance information
- Analyse and monitors financial progress and escalates issues to meet targets agreed in the business plan
- Control and delivers management accounts with variance reporting to budgets and business plans
- Provide Treasury & working capital management
- Ensure Balance Sheet robustness – performing appropriate reconciliations/ensuring controls are in place
- Providing all necessary information to the Brand to meet their deadlines for our Market Area
- Delivers consistently high standards of accuracy and quality in presenting accounts
- Ensures compliance with and statutory accounting requirements/schedules are met and delivered on time
- Promotes a high level of customer service, encouraging the team to build strong relationships with colleagues in our business and external customers.
- Develops enjoyable and trustful working relationships across the business, including our 4 main ‘Brand’ Retail sites, our Site 5 business (with multiple business streams) and any future business developments
- Ensures the Finance team is appropriately resourced to meet the business demands.
- Develops the capabilities of individuals/team through the performance management process providing coaching/training.
- Accountable for continuous personal development to maintain and improve accounting expertise for Finance team.
- Ensure all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers, and statutory representatives
£45,000 – £60,000 per annum, plus benefits package dependent on experience and qualifications
What we offer
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Car Benefit Scheme (attractive staff car leasing scheme)
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career Progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long service awards
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience (QBE) preferably with Auto sector experience.
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand the bigger picture with the Brand and the business
- Amiable to work with – ability to get on with everybody and support the business in a flexible & co-operative manner
- Ability to work at pace in a rapidly changing and a customer focused environment
- Advanced IT skills – very proficient in dealership management systems, excel and data gathering & manipulation
- Fosters and encourages a working environment that is built on trust and consideration of other team members
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions