Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for an IT Administrator to join our team in Exeter. The role will be based in our Exeter office with the occasional need to travel to the other sites in the South West to offer IT support.
The working hours for this position are from Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for providing in person and remote IT support, have good interpersonal skills and prepare and dispose of IT hardware.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
£25,000 – £30,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
IT Administrator Responsibilities:
- Provide first point of contact for user and system issues
- Instructing users in use of IT systems
- Provide assistance where able and appropriate; reports back to line manager for further guidance if necessary
- Maintains technical knowledge in order to support colleagues and business systems
- Assists in ensuring that the company maintains legal standards for licensing and software use
- Provides point of contact for IT suppliers
What’s required from you?
- Conscientious and logical thinker
- Good telephone manner
- Applicable experience:
- Windows desktop support
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Linux command line administration
- Previous experience of customer support and customer training
- Competent IT skills
- Professional manner
- Willingness to learn
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions