Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a MOT Technician at our site in Taunton. The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 & Saturday on a rota basis.
Within this role the successful candidate will be carry out MOT tests and minor repairs, and identify areas of opportunity through vehicle examination.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
£23,000 – £25,000 DOE, plus £3,000 OTE bonus
MOT Tester / Technician Responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Performs all work in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes
- Should have a positive and quality attitude to MOT testing
- Must read and acknowledge all DVSA special notices
- Should be registered with matters of testing updates
- Must complete the annual training and online assessments in good time
- Should promote best practice
- Must report and problems, errors or issue of incorrect certificates immediately to the site MOT manager
- Carries out all repair work using all available workshop information systems necessary to store vehicle system functions
- Advise Workshop Controller of any additional work required
- Complete final documentation for invoicing
- Ensure protection, cleaning and care of customer vehicle
- Communicate and develop strong professional relationships with customers to deliver a high level of service
- Ensures that the Workshop Controller is fully informed of any changes and expected completion times
- Attends service meetings to improve service standards
- Identifies training and development needs for self as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
What’s required from you?
- To be a registered MOT tester with current up to date certification
- General Motor Vehicle knowledge
Please note, if selected for interview, there will be a practical element which will consist of an observed and quality checked MOT test.
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions