As a well-established automotive company in the South West, we are currently looking for an experienced, driven and dynamic Operations Manager as we look to expand our operations into the vehicle rental market by launching an entirely new business.
Working closely with the Directors and Senior Managers, the Operations Manager will be responsible for bringing the business plan to life, launching the business and delivering a growth strategy.
It is essential that the Operations Manager has prior experience within the management side of the vehicle rental sector and be able to bring the knowledge and understanding required to build a new company and growing it into the future.
The role will be based in Exeter with working hours Monday to Friday 08.00 – 18.00 with 1 hour for lunch.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an amazing journey with an amazing company.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission Scheme
- Company Car
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
£35,000 (OTE £38,000)
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Communicates the business culture of quality and excellence
- Manages the hire of all vehicles in line with the company standards and processes
- Adhere to and manage the use of CRM and insurance Systems
- Manages vehicle process, ensures all required items are available, liaise with valet ensuring vehicle is ready for rental
- Liaises with internal & external body-shops and tyre companies to ensure vehicles are prepared and to the desired standard throughout their rental term
- Ensures ‘on hire’ and ‘off hire’ processes are diligently followed by all team members
- Responsible for risk management associated with hire fleet
- Assesses the actions of the national market and key competitors to track changes and stay ahead of the market
- Implements and follows diligently all company complaints procedures
- Provides assistance to other areas of the business as required
- Communicates clearly, regularly and promptly with colleagues across all business areas
- Identifies training and development needs for self and team as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is authorised by their line manager or a director
What’s required from you?
- Previous experience managing a rental fleet in the UK
- Full driving licence with a minimum of 3 years’ driving experience
- A high level of computer skills
- Good telephone and interpersonal skills
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions