Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a PDI (Prep) Technician at our site in Hill Barton, Exeter.
Within this role the successful candidate will carry out all pre-delivery inspections and any rectification work of vehicles, identify any potential warranty defects and ensure that all standard processes are adhered to and in line with the business needs.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Bonus Scheme
- The option to opt into our Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
£23,000 (OTE £26,000)
PDI (prep) Technician Responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence.
- Performs all repairs in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes.
- Carries out all repair work using all available workshop information systems necessary to store vehicle system functions.
- Advises Service Team of any additional work required.
- Carries out a final inspection and function tests on all complex repair work.
- Completes final documentation for invoicing.
- Ensures protection, cleaning and care of customer vehicle.
- Meets business standards of fix first visit.
- Provides a high level of technical expertise to deliver a high level of service.
- Ensures that the service team is fully informed of any changes to costs and expected completion times.
- Attends service meetings to improve service standards.
- Identifies training and development needs for self as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is approved by their line manager or a director
What’s required from you?
- Previous experience within the Motor industry
- Certified technician
- Product knowledge
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions