Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Assistant to join our fleet sales site in Hill Barton, Exeter. The working hours for this position are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00-18:00 with a 1 hour lunch break.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all vehicles dispatched from the site meet required quality standards and service level agreements, ensuring the correct presentation of new and used stocks and assisting with vehicle logistics on site.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission Scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
£18,532.80 with an OTE of £20,332.80
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Responsible for ensuring all vehicles are correctly presented before dispatch
- Assists with the receipt of all vehicles in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes
- Inspect all vehicles, checks for damage and missing items, informing the of any issues
- Vehicles tagged, labelled and details entered on to Autoline
- Ensures dealer and inter group transfer vehicles are ready for collection to include keys and book pack
- Liaises with the valet team, external bodyshop and tyre companies to ensure vehicles are ready for dispatch
- Assists with controlling key cabinets – issue keys to other sites and supervises drivers delivering and collecting vehicles. Ensures key tags and numbered mirror hangers are used
- Ensures security at the compound is maintained and regularly checked and raises any issues with management
- Delivers consistently high standards of accuracy and quality in completion duties
- Provides assistance to management team as required
What’s required from you?
- Previous experience within the Motor industry
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent eye for detail
- Competent level of computer skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions