Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Bookings Specialist at our site in Exeter. The working hours for this position are a 40 hour week working shift patterns of 08:00 – 16:30 or 09:00 – 17:30 with 1 in 5 Saturday’s on a rota basis with a day in lieu during the week.
Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient booking of customers to maximise job flow through the workshop and ensuring the workshop operation is loaded to maximum capacity while consistently exceeding the customers expectations.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
£19,000 with an OTE of £25,000
Bookings Specialist Responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Plans and organises the job flow workshop operation in line with the business Mercedes-Benz standards and processes
- Ensures workshop efficiency and implements effective workshop loading routines to maximise productivity
- Ensures allocated work is correctly programmed and that accurate information is passed to the workshop
- Allocates workload subject to availability
- Identifies customer requirements in detail and confirms work schedule, courtesy car, collection/delivery and any other customer needs
- Communicates and develops strong professional relationships with customers from initial communication to delivery of the customers vehicle on time and to a high standard
- Gives customer focus priority throughout the service operation.
- Reviews customer information and vehicle details and updates when required
- Follows up and refers customer complaints to the service manager
- Attends service meetings to deliver continuous improvement
- Liaises with relevant departments across the business
- Manages the standard and quality of technical information given
- Identifies training and development needs for self as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is approved by their line manager or a director
What’s required from you?
- Experience of a customer focussed environment
- Specialist/technical product knowledge
- Admin & IT Skills
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions