Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Systems Developer at our site in Exeter. The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00, a total of 40 hours per week.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- The option to opt into our Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
Systems Developer Responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Provides training and support to colleagues across all business areas regarding in-house applications
- Help develop in-house applications
- Communicates with colleagues to ensure the effective operation of the market area
- Provides a high level of customer service both internal and external
- Communicates any issues or problems to departmental manager
- Undertakes any other duties as reasonably required to ensure the successful operation of the market area
- Communicates & develops strong personal relationships with customers
- Communicates clearly, regularly and promptly with colleagues across all business areas
- Maintains technical knowledge in order to support business systems
- Identifies training and development needs for self as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is authorised by a director.
What’s required from you?
- At least 6 years relevant commercial experience
- Be a logical thinker and problem solver.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be highly numerate and able to manipulate raw data.
- Show a desire to acquire further applicable skills through research and training.
- Any knowledge of Autoline (Dealer Management System) would be an advantage, as would any other experience of working in the Motor Industry.
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions