Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Telephone Host to join our team at Exeter. The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00, a total of 42.5 hours per week. There is the option to work Saturday’s on a rota basis if you wish too.
Within this role the successful candidate will be an ambassador of Mercedes-Benz South West’s outstanding customer service experience through being the first contact for inbound calls.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
Telephone Host Responsibilities:
- Rotating inbound and outbound call rota
- Monitor and record inbound call activity accurately via Host Module
- Promote Mercedes-Benz exacting service standards in all customer contact
- Effective outbound calling to ascertain customer experience after their service and sales visit
- Educate customer on MBUK questionnaire to support ‘recommendation’
- Qualify customer needs and personally establishes contact between customers and site/team member
- Ensures messages are communicated to the necessary department in a timely manner
- Capture customer complaints where relevant and pass to site within 24hrs of call
- Provides administrative support to all departments where appropriate or requested.
- Delivers consistently high standards of accuracy and quality in the completion of information
- Create effective communication links within the business to root CSU value
- Communicate clearly, regularly and promptly with colleagues across all business areas
- Uphold the Mercedes-Benz South West culture of quality and excellence
- Ensure all capital outlay is authorised by a line manager or a director
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
What’s required from you?
- Customer service experience essential
- Good telephone and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and driven self-starter
- Proven ability to work to deadline and targets
- Flexible and professional
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive place to work, with a commitment to equality and fairness at the heart of our values and everyday practices and policies. We aim to recruit, nurture and retain a diverse workforce that reflect the diversity of our customer base.
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions