Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Used Car Controller at our site in Truro. The working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08.30 – 18.00 with Saturday’s on a rota basis 09.00-17.00.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the acquisition of used car stock in line with business and manufacturer objectives, provide support to the retail sales team for the delivery of used car and maximise sales and profitability through the delivery of the used car sales performance.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Bonus scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
£28,000 per annum (OTE £60,000)
Used Car Controller Responsibilities:
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence
- Manages used car purchases through various purchase channels
- Ensures the online presence of all used stock through various channels is accurate and to the highest standard.
- Maximises sales opportunities in line with targets set
- Formulates and implements marketing plans for the business
- Analyses current procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Communicates and influences colleagues across all business areas
- Contributes to sales meetings to drive sales and generate ideas/solutions from the team
- Communicates and develops strong personal relationships with customers to maintain their continued loyalty
- Consults with customers to establish their needs to deliver a high level of service
- Reviews customer satisfaction and implements improvements
- Ensures all used car forecourt and demonstrator display areas are presented to the highest standard
- Manages resource allocation to optimise seasonal and promotional peaks
- Maximises the use of all advertising and point of sale literature
- Ensures the sales team have full knowledge and understanding of product, promotional and marketing activities
- Provides training and support to the team to improve product knowledge and competitor awareness to increase sales opportunities
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is authorised by their director
What’s required from you?
- Previous sales experience within the Motor industry
- Practical experience in a Sales environment
- Experience of managing a sales team in a customer focussed environment
- Proven ability of delivering sales with their team
- Specialist knowledge of F&I, consumer law and vehicle valuation
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions