Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for a Used Car Technician at our site in Hill Barton, Exeter. The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:30. Within this role the successful candidate will carry out all pre-delivery inspections and any rectification work, identify any potential warranty defects and rectify in line with Mercedes-Benz standards and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence.
- Performs all repairs in line with the company and Mercedes-Benz standards and processes.
- Carries out all repair work using all available workshop information systems necessary to store vehicle system functions.
- Advises Service Team of any additional work required.
- Carries out a final inspection and function tests on all complex repair work.
- Completes final documentation for invoicing.
- Ensures protection, cleaning and care of customer vehicle.
- Meets business standards of fix first visit.
- Provides a high level of technical expertise to deliver a high level of service.
- Ensures that the service team is fully informed of any changes to costs and expected completion times.
- Attends service meetings to improve service standards.
- Identifies training and development needs for self as part of the performance management process
- Ensures all areas of Health & Safety operate effectively and within the requirements of the law
- Builds good relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensures all capital outlay is approved by their line manager or a director
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Previous experience within the Motor industry
- Certified technician
- Product knowledge
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions