Mercedes-Benz South West has the backing of City West Country Ltd, a privately-owned family ran organisation with more than three decades of motor industry experience. The founder of the franchise is determined that family values will remain at the heart of Mercedes-Benz South West for many years to come. Our business employs 600 staff who are based across 9 sites throughout the South West, which includes our 4 dealerships which are based at Exeter, Taunton, Plymouth and Truro.
We are currently looking for an In-house Videographer to join our Marketing team which will be based at our site in Exeter. Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00, some flexibility may be required for events.
Within this role the successful candidate will be to drive engagement and increase brand awareness through the medium of film, using video content to enhance website and social media content and inform customers and staff about our products, services and processes as well as supporting tactical marketing campaigns for the purpose of capturing leads. The role weights are: 30% filming, 50% editing, 20% logistics and planning.
What can we offer you?
- 30 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Commission Scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent training and support
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Long Service awards
- Employee of the month awards
£19,000 – £21,000 DOE
- Along with the key responsibilities of filming and editing, the videographer will be responsible for scripting, storyboarding and managing the logistics of their video shoot from start to finish
- Co-ordinating with everyone involved with the video to ensure cars, staff, influencers, customers and partners (ie local businesses and schools) are available and fully briefed for upcoming video shoots
- Working within a team to create video content for a range of customer facing and internal marketing channels; for example, web, email and social media
- To be the go to video expert within the team and when needed support other staff with filming and editing support
- Editing and formatting video content created by yourself and others to ensure that all video content is not only engaging, but on brand and compatible with all the required marketing channels.
- Attending, filming and editing marketing events (this may require working evenings and weekends)
- Building relationships with locations and local businesses, with the goal of securing potential video locations
- Act and respond flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Communicate clearly, regularly and promptly with colleagues across all business areas
- Communicate the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence through channels of influence
- Identify training and development needs for yourself as part of the performance management process
What’s required from you?
- Filming, editing and sound recording skills are essential
- Go-Pro experience essential
- Drone licence and experience (desirable)
- Organised self-starter
- Creative thinker
- A strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premier and Final Cut Pro
- An understanding of After Effects (desirable)
- Maintains calm under pressure and adapt
- Strong, reassuring communicator, that knows how to identify and put at ease nervous or camera-shy individuals, so that they shine on the final video edit
- Works effectively as part of a team
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive place to work, with a commitment to equality and fairness at the heart of our values and everyday practices and policies. We aim to recruit, nurture and retain a diverse workforce that reflect the diversity of our customer base.
CORE MBSW BEHAVIOURS
Driving Sales – Identifies and initiates opportunities to drive sales and deliver commercial benefits
Customer Service – Focuses on the needs of customers to improve service and sales
Planning & Organising – Organises own workload effectively, prioritising to deliver to deadlines
Analytical Ability & Decision Making – Demonstrates sound judgement in making decisions
Teamwork & Coaching – Quickly builds rapport and establishes relationships with others
Motivation – Demonstrates a positive attitude and takes responsibility for their own actions