Tyre and Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance
Keep your tyres and alloys in showroom condition
AutoTrust Tyre and Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance provides protection against the unforeseen costs of having to replace or repair the tyres or alloy wheels on your vehicle, following accidental or malicious damage.
How does Tyre and Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance work?
In the event of accidentally kerbing or scuffing your tyre or alloy wheel, the insurance policy may cover this damage, assisting you in maintaining a showroom appearance.
This could help prevent unexpected costs or additional charges when returning your Mercedes-Benz at the end of your finance agreement. View the full Vehicle Return Standards.
Please refer to the full terms and conditions of both your insurance policy as well as your finance agreement. See here for further details on Tyre Insurance, or here for Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance.
What is Insured?
Provided your vehicle is eight years old or under and it has covered less than 80,000 miles at the start of the policy:
Tyre Insurance will cover up to five tyres fitted to your vehicle, which require repair or replacement as a result of damage up to the claim limit shown in the Validation Certificate.
- Damage means:
- The sudden and unforeseen deflation of a tyre arising from accidental damage to the tyre itself;
- Or malicious damage to the tyre or valve from a third party, necessitating immediate repair or replacement before normal use can be resumed.
With Tyre Insurance, standard tyres have a maximum claim amount or £125 including VAT per tyre. Standard or run-flat tyres have a maximum claim amount of either £300 or £450 including VAT per tyre.
Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance will pay for the cost of repairs resulting from accidental or malicious damage which has occurred to your alloy wheels up to the claim limit shown in the Validation Certificate.
- In the event your alloy wheel is damaged beyond a point whereby a reasonable cosmetic repair can be carried out then the policy provides two options:
- If the damage to the alloy wheel is such that a lathe skim repair can be carried out, then the policy will contribute a maximum amount of £125 including VAT towards alloying you to have this repaired locally at your choice;
- If the damage to the alloy wheel is such that no kind of repair can be carried out, the policy will contribute a maximum amount of £150 including VAT towards the replacement of the alloy wheel.
- Both options will count as 1 claim under your policy.
Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance is available in a 12 month policy (maximum of 6 claims), 24 month policy (maximum of 12 claims) or 36 month policy (maximum of 18 claims).
To purchase this cover on either policy you must be a resident in the United Kingdom (which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
What is Not Insured?
There are certain vehicles we can’t cover such as taxis, couriers, commercial or emergency vehicles. The policies will also not covered vehicles used for off road use, road racing, track day participation, rallying, pace-making, speed testing or any other competitive event. Please refer to the full terms and conditions.
Tyre Insurance does not cover:
- Any claim where at the time of damage the tyre tread depth is less than 2mm across any tread area of the tyre.
- Any malicious damage claim, which is not accompanied by a valid and substantiated crime reference number.
- Theft of the tyre(s).
- Tyre(s) which are not 'E' Marked and any claim where there has been an attempt to remove the serial number or other identifying marks from the tyre(s).
- Where it is discovered that the policy was purchased more than 30 days following the delivery date of the vehicle.
Alloy Wheel Repair Insurance does not cover:
- Alloy wheels that are aftermarket fitment or not of the original specification for the vehicle.
- General wear and tear, corrosion, pitting, discolouration, tar staining, neglect or cracked or buckled wheels.
- Theft of the alloy wheel(s).
- Damage present on any alloy wheel prior to the commencement of the policy.
- Alloy wheel(s) of split rim construction, with a machine polished (chrome effect) finish, or which a recessed, rebated or raised profile to the rim section. Plastic trims attached to the ally wheel are also excluded (and must be removed prior to any repair to any covered alloy wheel).
- Damage caused by driving the vehicle while the tyre is deflated; or a replacement tyre being fitted to the alloy wheel.
- Any claim which is the subject of fraud, false actions or dishonesty; where the loss is covered by any other insurance; or where it is discovered that the policy was purchased more than 30 days following the original purchase date of the vehicle.