Mercedes-Benz Tyre & Alloy Insurance
Keep your tyres and alloys in showroom condition
Mercedes-Benz Tyre & Alloy Insurance provides cover for the cost of replacing or repairing your tyres and for the replacement of your alloy wheel with a re-manufactured wheel as a result of accidental or malicious damage.
How does Tyre and Alloy Insurance work?
In the event of accidentally kerbing or scuffing your tyre or alloy wheel, Mercedes-Benz Tyre & Alloy Insurance may cover this damage, assisting you in maintaining a showroom appearance.
If your vehicle has been financed with Mercedes-Benz Finance, Mercedes-Benz Tyre & Alloy Insurance may help prevent additional charges when returning your Mercedes-Benz at the end of your agreement. View the full Vehicle Return Standards.
What is Insured?
- This insurance provides cover for the cost of replacing or repairing your tyres and for the replacement of your alloy wheel with a remanufactured wheel as a result of accidental or malicious damage.
If during the Period of Insurance the following damage occurs within the Geographical Area to a Tyre fitted to the Vehicle such as puncture, Accidental Damage, Malicious Damage or sidewall damage We will cover the Cost of repair or replacement of the Tyre by Your Retailer subject to the claims limits as specified in your policy schedule.
- Alloy Wheels
If during the Period of Insurance damage occurs within the Geographical Area to a Wheel or Wheels fitted to the Vehicle, we will cover the cost of a remanufactured wheel. We will contribute towards a replacement wheel, at our discretion, should a remanufactured
wheel be unavailable, subject to the claims limit as specified in your Policy Schedule.
- Wheels and tyres up to 23” in diameter.
- Vehicles used for business use where the total annual mileage of the vehicle will not exceed 20,000 miles, for private use the annual mileage is unrestricted.
What is Not Insured?
- Ineligible vehicles: There are certain vehicles we can’t cover such as taxis, couriers, commercial or emergency vehicles. Please refer to the full terms and conditions.
- Where the cost of repair for a tyre or replacement of a wheel or tyre is recoverable under any other insurance or warranty.
- Any damage which was incurred prior to the inception of the policy.
- Where the damage to your tyre or wheels is deemed to be a manufacturing defect or where manufacturer recommendations of use have not been followed.
- Damage caused by incorrect wheel balancing, defective steering tracking or defective suspension or by a third party for general maintenance to your vehicle.
- Where the alloy wheel is pitted or corroded.
- Any claims made in excess of the total maximum claim limit.
- Any wheel or tyre that has been modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specification.
- Any vehicle used for racing, pace making, speed testing, reliability trials, rallying, or vehicles used for any other competitive event.
Discuss your requirements wth us today
- Photograph(s) of the damaged Tyre(s) and/or Alloy(s).
- The policy number and vehicle details.
- Full details of the damage. Open 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm. If the claim is covered by the policy, verbal authorisation will be given to carry out the specified repair. The authorised claim will be passed to the repairer, who will contact you directly to arrange a repair/replacement appointment.
The insurance is accepted and underwritten by Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd which is managed on behalf of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited. Acasta European Insurance Company Ltd, 5/5 Crutchett’s Ramp, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Their FCA registration number is 456936.
AutoProtect (MBI) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No. 312143.