Set to arrive in showrooms in August, the Mercedes-Benz CLS has had a facelift for 2021. The new look exterior shows a sharpened design with new radiator grilles and bumpers expressing the dynamism of the four-door coupé. At the same time, the interior has been upgraded with additional leather and trim combinations as well as a new-generation steering wheel.
Design update for the exterior
Standard AVANTGARDE exterior with new front apron based on previous AMG Line: side louvres and front splitter in silver chrome.
- Rear apron with black diffuser-look insert and silver chrome trim.
- New designs for standard 19-inch light-alloy wheel: 5-twin-spoke or multi-spoke rims.
- The AMG Line Exterior includes:
- AMG-specific front apron with A-wing in black, front splitter in silver chrome, air intakes with vertical struts, aerodynamically shaped flics in high-gloss black.
- AMG door sill panels at the side.
- AMG spoiler lip on the boot lid.
- New colours for 20-inch AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheel with high-sheen finish and bi-colour look: tremolite grey or high-gloss black.
- New front-end styling for AVANTGARDE and AMG Line Exterior:
- Radiator grille with three-dimensional star pattern and high-sheen chrome surfaces.
- one high-gloss black louvre with chrome inlay and integral Mercedes star.
- New paint colour: spectral blue metallic.
- New special paints from the designo range: jupiter red, cashmere white magno and emerald green.
Design update for the interior
- New woods for trim elements and centre console: open-pore brown walnut and high-gloss grey.
- New two-tone leather seat covers: neva grey/magma grey and siena brown/black.
- Two-tone designo interiors with Exclusive nappa leather in five new combinations: classic red/black, saddle brown/black, truffle brown/black, deep white/black and yacht blue/black.
- Newly designed multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather:
- Spokes in high-gloss black with silver chrome edging.
- Paddle shifters in silver chrome.
- Steering wheel rim with capacitive dual-zone sensor mat for driver hands recognition.
- Fully digital, high-resolution displays in the cockpit in two sizes: compact in 2 x 10.25 inches or as Widescreen Cockpit with 2 x 12.3 inches.