Mercedes-Benz is redefining the electric vehicle market with the new EQS, the first all-electric luxury saloon from Mercedes-EQ. Fusing technology, design, functionality and connectivity, the EQS is a treat for both drivers and passengers. After all, Mercedes aren’t going to award the letter ‘S’ to a vehicle without good reason to!
Electric Powertrain – No Cable Reaches This Far
The EQS will be available with a number of powertrain options at launch, with more to follow.
The launch spec will include a 200kW DC fast-charging capability enabling up to 300km (WLTP) of range to be recharged in just 15 minutes. It will have a range of more than 400 miles dependent on driving style, specification and ambient conditions. Highlights also include AC charging of up to 22kW, single and dual-motor variants and two levels of rear axle steering are available with maximum articulation of 4.5 degrees and 10 degrees respectively.
Innovative External Aesthetics
The sporty, low and slim front of the EQS forms a coupé-like silhouette with a bow (one bow) stretched tightly over the greenhouse. The bold new design is testament to the flexibility of a bespoke electric architecture, creating an airy, spacious interior ambience whilst also providing the EQS with exceptional aerodynamic efficiency.
Key exterior highlights include:
- Black panel radiator grille with central star that is the hallmark of Mercedes-EQ vehicles
- LED front and rear tail lamps with a 3D helix design merging seamlessly into full-width light bars
- Optionally available DIGITAL LIGHT headlamp technology
- Illuminated seamless door handles as standard
- Frameless windows in all 4 doors
- Exclusive alloy wheel selection up to 22”
Futuristic Equipment and Interior Features
The interior ensures that the EQS is unmistakably a member of the S-Class family. From the use of sumptuous materials, unrivalled refinement and levels of technology included. The interior is defined by flowing surfaces accentuated by the intelligent use of ambient lighting.
The optional MBUX Hyperscreen is the absolute highlight in the interior. This large, curved screen unit sweeps almost from A-pillar to A-pillar. Three screens sit under a cover glass and appear to merge into one. A first for Mercedes-Benz, the 12.3-inch OLED display for the front passenger gives their own.
Other key highlights include:
- ARTICO Microcloud upholstery presents an ethical, man-made nappa leather alternative with no compromise on quality
- The ship-deck wood trim presents a stunning reference to yachting and a luxurious touch
- The optional luxury head rests and electrically adjustable seats for both front and rear passengers
- The panoramic roof ensures a light and airy cabin ambience for all passengers
Charging has been revolutionised with the EQS, including key advancements to Mercedes me Charge a service already enjoyed by PHEV and Mercedes-EQ customers. This ensures that an equivalent amount of electricity from renewable resources is fed into the grid to compensate for the charging of your EQS.