The Motability scheme is run by a charitable organisation that helps people with a range of needs to become more mobile. By exchanging a portion of your mobility allowance, you could own a brand new, fully modified Mercedes-Benz!
How does the Motability scheme work?
Under the Motability Scheme, you can exchange your government-funded mobility allowance for a brand new Mercedes-Benz. So if you receive any of the following you are eligible to apply:
Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Armed Forces Independence Payment – currently £57.45 per week.
War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement – currently £64.15 per week. Providing that you have at least 12 months’ award length remaining, you will qualify for a new car under the Motability Contract Hire Scheme. You can also apply as a passenger if you are eligible but unable to drive.
What is included?
You can receive a brand new car under the Motability scheme, with up-front payments from as little as £299.
- A new Mercedes-Benz every 3 years
- Friendly and expert service from Motability specialists at each of our dealerships
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- Tyre and windscreen replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Annual Road Fund Licence
- Up to two nominated drivers
What will the experience be like?
There are trained Motability specialists at each of our dealerships. These friendly and knowledgeable experts will be ready to talk you through the process, enjoy a test drive and discuss your specific requirements. It is best to allow around an hour for this process to ensure that our team have the time to go through the everything with you.
We will need you to provide the following documentation in order to complete this:
- Both parts of your driving licence if you are going to drive
- Certificate of entitlement from either the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
- Proof of address such as a recent utility bill or bank statement
- Nominated drivers’ driving licences and consent for their details to be checked by the DVLA
- Details of any previous accidents and driving convictions that you or your nominated driver holds
What about my specific requirements?
The Motability scheme includes any adaptations to your vehicle free of charge, so whether it is making more space for storing mobility equipment or specialised driving adaptions, your vehicle is designed around you.
If you are unable to drive, you can still utilise the Motability scheme for a new vehicle by registering a nominated driver for your vehicle.