Mercedes-Benz of Plymouth has been part of the Mercedes-Benz South West family since 2005. Plymouth have two sites –a dedicated LCV Servicing premises in Estover, and, after moving across several locations throughout the City, a main passenger car dealership that now holds stance just off the bustling area of Derriford and the busy Tavistock Road. Mercedes-Benz of Plymouth is home to over 70 staff, some new faces and some… not so new (never old)!
We’re sure many of you will recognise this friendly face from his time in Plymouth, or even previously in Exeter, but if not, time to meet Parts Supervisor, Sam Chalk!
- How long have you been working at Mercedes-Benz South West? Since March 2010, so 8 years!
- Where are you from? Torquay.
- Favourite Mercedes-Benz model? (old or new) Old – I would have to say a 280SE Coupe as it was our wedding car. New? I really like the new G63… what a beast!
- Most memorable day at work you’ve ever had? The day I was made a Supervisor has to be up there.
- Favourite part of the job? I love seeing all of the older models that come to the dealership. Being a part of helping restoring them to their former glory is great, and we’re very lucky to see some lovely classics here in Plymouth.
- Any Pets? No pets – I would like a dog though!
- Have you always been in the motor trade? What did you do before? Yes – I started at Audi back in 2005, doing an apprenticeship as a Technician before going in to Parts.
- How many attempts did it take you to pass your driving test? 2, I was very nervous!
- What radio station are you listening to when you drive? I don’t to be honest; I’m more of a podcast man.
- Favourite place to visit in the South West? Anywhere in Cornwall with a nice beach!
- Favourite TV Show to binge watch? Peaky Blinders
- Favourite Film? Catch Me If You Can
- Favourite Band/Artist? Kings of Leon
- First concert you ever went to? Blink 182 when I was about 15.
- Tipple of choice? Doom Bar, or a nice bottle of Red with some food.
- What would be your Karaoke song? Madness, ‘It must be love’ – I’ve ruined that one a few times!
- Best holiday you’ve ever been on? I’ve got some great memories of Florida with all the family.
- If the world ends tomorrow, what would you choose as your last meal? That’s easy! A decent cheese and bacon burger with BBQ sauce.
- What are you most looking forward to this year? Finishing renovating my house, it’s been rather stressful!
- Jam then cream, or cream then jam? Cream then Jam????????? (I’d rather a nice Cornish ice cream)
(Editor’s note: Sam doesn’t seem to be sure on his answer here, so, as a biased Cornish woman, I feel he could be easily swayed to the correct method – i.e. jam then cream).
- Finally, if I say “World Cup”, what do you say? IT’S COMING HOME!!!